Did you know that Christian Scientists can reserve a room in the historic Original Building at the BA?
Rest & Study at the BA is a hidden gem for Christian Scientists visiting the Boston area. Many Christian Scientists don’t realize that you can reserve a Rest & Study room in our Original Building (opened in 1919) at the Benevolent Association. We welcome over 700 Rest & Study guests yearly as they visit Boston for association meetings, Longyear tours, Annual Meeting, and more. With its 83 apartments and rooms, this building is also home to The Residences at 910, Christian Science nurses attending training classes, and staff from the BA.
Rest & Study is a wonderful opportunity for Christian Scientists to stay in an uplifting atmosphere at very reasonable prices while in New England. There is a 50% discount, during our Summer Special from August 13 – September 3, 2017— another reason to try Rest & Study at the BA.
If you’ve never stayed on Rest & Study at the BA, here is what you can expect:
Guest accommodations housed in an English Collegiate style building situated on 24 wooded acres in the heart of Chestnut Hill. We have 27 private rooms devoted to Rest & Study for Christian Scientists visiting or staying in the Boston area. The Original Building was completed in 1919 and now has 83 rooms and apartments for short and long-term housing.
Each of the 27 Rest & Study rooms is unique and they range from efficiencies to one-bedrooms, some with kitchenettes. Queen, full, and twin beds are available depending upon the room. Most rooms include a private bathroom, while a few rooms offer a shared bathroom.
The Benevolent Association is less than a half mile from Longyear Museum, less than two miles from Mrs. Eddy’s home at 400 Beacon Street, and less than a mile to The Street at Chestnut Hill (Shake Shack, Showcase SuperLux Theatre, Legal Sea Foods, and more). Fenway Park, the Museum of Fine Arts, and The Mother Church, are all less than five miles down the road from the BA.
- Park-like campus
- Study rooms with marked CS Quarterly Bible Lesson books and current CS literature
- Dining Room serving three meals daily
- Complimentary breakfast
- Libraries with Bible and CS reference books
- TV in the living room and in some Rest & Study rooms
- Some rooms with kitchenettes; all rooms have access to common kitchenettes in each wing
- Washer, dryer and ironing board available in each wing
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free parking
- Free transportation to The Mother Church services on Wednesday and Sunday
- On Bus line; .7 miles from Chestnut Hill T station
Rest & Study rooms priced from $140 – $215 per night based on room amenities
- No minimum stay
- No additional cleaning fees, city taxes, etc.
- 50% off during our Summer Special (August 13 – September 3)
- Reception on duty 8 AM – 10:30 PM
- Check in – 3 PM
- Check out – 11 AM
For reservations email or phone at 617-734-5600 ext. 2744
We look forward to welcoming you to the BA!