Chestnut Hill Benevolent Associationwas founded in 1916 by The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Massachusetts, in response to Mary Baker Eddy’s call for a facility that would provide Christian Science nursing care and training for Christian Science nurses.
In 1981 The Mother Church transferred ownership of Christian Science Benevolent Association from an Affiliated Trusteeship of The Mother Church to autonomous control under an independent Board of Trustees, and changed its name to Chestnut Hill Benevolent Association.
The Board of Trustees is comprised of Christian Scientists responsible for oversight, direction, and governance of Chestnut Hill Benevolent Association.
Current Board of Trustees:
Cynthia Borden Ritz, President
Susan R. Johnson, Vice President and Treasurer
Jeffrey D. Hutchins, Clerk
Richard C. Erwin, Trustee
Mission Statement: Our Mission is to provide a healing refuge and services that minister to the needs of mankind with Christian Science nursing.